Saturday, September 11, 2010

Breast Cancer Survivor Story: To Blessed to be Stressed!


I was diagnosed with breast cancer June 2007. Today, I am grateful that I was diagnosed early. My decision to have a mastectomy validated when I met with my oncology surgeon. He told me my decision to remove the entire breast was a good one because the pathology report reflected that cancer cells were found throughout the entire breast. God help me make that decision. After pulling myself together with the grace of God 5 months later I was diagnosed with cancer on my left side. I underwent surgery and had a mastectomy on my left breast. After going thru a second mastectomy I knew I had to lean on the Lord up above. I was treated like family from all the hospital that took care of me. They all were a tremendous assistance to my well being. They were friendly, sincere and compassionate everywhere I went. Miami Valley Hospital, Kettering Medical Center, Grandview Hospital, South view Hospital. I just like to say thank to them all.

To my family, friends and coworkers thanks for all of your support and prayers. I'm truly grateful for all the thoughtful and kind things that you all did for me. I am so grateful to have each of you in my life. I was raised on faith and I have always lived my life by faith. I believe that God speaks to all of us. God has guided my steps and decisions since day one. Healing is a package deal on your mind, body and soul and I'm so grateful. I wanted to live to see my kids and grandchild grow up. That's what gave me the drive to fight cancer. You can't fight cancer if you don't have hope and faith. God is good!

Cynthia Johnson


Source: www.thebreastcancersite.com

My Observations:
- Early Diagnosis is important.
- It is not an easy decision to remove your breast as a result of cancer {mastectomy}
- It is important to depend on your GOD
- Support from family, friends and colleagues is equally important.
- YOU CAN BEAT BREAST CANCER!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's an inspirational story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete